Last Updated: August 28, 2017
1. Your Consent
2. Personal Information
3. How Sunniva Collects Personal Information
(a) Information You Provide
You may be asked to voluntarily give your personal information to Sunniva when you interact or transact with Sunniva, including when you subscribe to a newsletter or similar communication, submit your personal information using an electronic form on Sunniva’s website, request information or use a product or service provided by Sunniva. In those circumstances, you can choose not to provide certain requested personal information, but then you might not be able to proceed with your intended interaction or transaction with Sunniva or otherwise receive the full benefit of Sunniva’s website or the desired product or service.
If you give Sunniva the personal information of another individual, then you are solely responsible for complying with all applicable laws, including obtaining the individual’s valid consent, regarding your collection and disclosure of the personal information to Sunniva and to Sunniva’s use, disclosure and retention of the personal information.
(b) Automated Collection
Sunniva may use technologies (e.g. cookies) to automatically collect certain information regarding your use of Sunniva’s website, such as the dates and times that you access and use the website; the browsers, operating systems, software, devices and networks that you use to access and use the website; the IP address of the computer or device you use to access the website; and details of your access and use of the website. Sunniva may use that information to recognize you as a user of Sunniva’s website and to facilitate and improve your use of Sunniva’s website and to improve the website.
You may choose to decline or disable cookies if your web browser or device permits, but doing so may affect your ability to access or use certain features of the website.
(c) Information from Other Sources
Sunniva may collect personal information from various publicly available sources.
4. How Sunniva Uses Personal Information
- to administer your relationship with Sunniva, including by creating and managing a confidential profile about you and your contract(s) with us, and to contact and correspond with you regarding those matters;
- to provide products and services to you;
- to present Sunniva’s website and related content to you;
- to facilitate your interactions and transactions with Sunniva, including to process your applications, requests, orders, transactions and send notifications to you;
- to process and respond to your inquiries, requests and other communications;
- to provide you with information (including by email and other electronic messages) regarding Sunniva and its products and services and related products and services offered by other businesses, to the extent permitted by applicable law;
- to administer and facilitate your participation in contests and promotions related to or administered by or on behalf of Sunniva;
- to improve Sunniva’s products and services and to develop new products and services;
- for other purposes described by Sunniva with your express or implied consent; and
- to protect and enforce Sunniva’s legal rights, interests, remedies and to protect the businesses, operations and customers of Sunniva or other persons.
Sunniva may combine your personal information collected by Sunniva through various sources (including information collected through its website).
5. How Sunniva Discloses Personal Information
(b) Specific Consents
Sunniva may disclose your personal information in accordance with express or implied consents that you give during your interactions and transactions with Sunniva.
(c) Suppliers and Service Providers/Service Providers
(d) Law Enforcement/Legal Disclosures
(e) Business Transactions
6. Retention of Personal Information
7. Location of Personal Information
Sunniva and its service providers may process, store and use your personal information at facilities in various countries, including Canada, the United States of America and one or more countries in Europe or Asia. The personal information protection laws of those other countries might be different from the laws of the jurisdiction in which you reside and might permit courts, government, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies and security authorities to access your personal information without notice. By providing your personal information to Sunniva, you consent to the transfer of the personal information to facilities located in other countries and the processing and storage of the personal information at those facilities.
8. Protection of Personal Information
9. Accuracy and Access to Personal Information
Sunniva will rely on you to ensure that the personal information that you provide to Sunniva is as accurate, complete and up to date as necessary for the purposes for which Sunniva uses the personal information. You will promptly notify Sunniva of any changes to the personal information that you provide to Sunniva using the procedures made available for that purpose by Sunniva or by contacting Sunniva’s Privacy Officer using the contact information noted below.
You may reasonably request access to your personal information collected by Sunniva and information about Sunniva’s use, disclosure and retention of that personal information by submitting a written request to Sunniva’s Privacy Officer using the contact information noted below. Subject to applicable exceptions and limitations prescribed by applicable law, you will be given reasonable access to your personal information and you will be entitled to verify the accuracy and completeness of your personal information and to have the information revised as appropriate. You may be required to pay a reasonable fee for access to your personal information. Sunniva may decline to process a request that is unreasonably repetitive, frivolous, vexatious or impracticable, or if Sunniva reasonably believes that the requested access would infringe or jeopardize the privacy of other persons or violate any applicable law or legal requirement, or for other reasons permitted by applicable law.
10. Non-Personal Information
11. Other Websites and Businesses
12. Other Matters
(a) Disclaimers, Liability Exclusions/Limitations and Disputes:
To the extent permitted by applicable law, Sunniva may use and disclose your personal information to administer and process your application for employment with Sunniva and related matters.
(c) Children’s Privacy Protection:
Sunniva does not knowingly collect personal information from children who are under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may use any functionality of Sunniva’s website. If you are under 13 years of age, do not provide any information on Sunniva’s website, including any information about yourself to us. Please immediately contact Sunniva’s Privacy Officer using the contact information noted below if you believe that Sunniva has unintentionally collected personal information from a child under 13 years of age.
(d) Unsubscribing to Electronic Marketing Messages:
You may unsubscribe from Sunniva’s electronic marketing messages (e.g. newsletters) by using the unsubscribe mechanisms included in the messages or by sending an unsubscribe request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(e) Changes to this Policy:
(f) English Language:
(g) Contacting Sunniva’s Privacy Officer: